Joel has always told me about the warm winters and playing soccer in shorts outside on Thanksgiving and Christmas days and I believed him, but this year I was able to finally experience it and understand it. It really is incredible to be here in 75 degree weather! The trees all still have their fall colors and it seems so strange to have Christmas decorations up, especially snowmen! It sure is nice though! Abigail has been wearing just short sleeve shirts, pants and no tights or socks. I keep thinking, "she must be underdressed!" In Slovenia people often ask me if she is cold because she isn't wearing any head covering indoors and here people keep asking me if she is warm! One lady in a restaurant said "look at you all bundled up!" and she was just wearing her coat and it was colder and raining that day. I think I am thoroughly confused about how to dress our child! And now we're heading to ORegon where it will be cold again, we keep hearing about snow....is it okay if she wears tights under her pants? : ) Maybe we'll have a white Christmas this year?!
So here are some photos from our time here...
Abigail with Daddy at the Atlantic Ocean at sunset
And with Grandma and Grandpa
Visiting Middleton Place, an old plantation here in Charleston
Celebrating my 32nd Birthday!
Dining out at Chili's, or I suppose Dining "On" at Chili's, (cute shoes, huh, Kitty?)

1 comment:
Shoes are cute! Can't wait to see..hold little Abigail. Happy Birthday, Amy! Kitty
Post a Comment