Friday, December 15, 2006

Mike Ricklick

You've probably read about the Ricklick family in other updates from us. Mike & Michelle are in Kranj with us, actually they just moved to our village (Šenčur) this past September. They are from California and moved to Slovenia to work with United World Mission about a year and a half ago. They moved to Kranj and have been working with the same church as us and have really been our ministry partners for that whole time. Both Mike and Michelle have a heart for youth and quickly found a spot to minister working along side us, and we have enjoyed sharing the ministry with them.

Recently Mike had some medical tests done because he was having internal bleeding. He ended up heading back to California to have further testing done and they have discovered that he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Before leaving several of the students from Trdna Skala made angels for him and gave them to him to let him know that they would be praying for him.

We would love to have you join us in praying for Mike, his wife, Michelle and their kids; Ty, Tirzah and Hayden.

Here is a recent email from Mike with specific prayer requests...

Dear Family and Friends,

Just in case you have not heard the news yet, I have been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. For those who do not realize this, it is the same type of cancer that Michelle had 3 years ago. I do not yet know what stage I’m at or any other details at this time. I am however headed back to my family tomorrow night. We will be spending a week or so in Slovenia getting our affairs in order to return to the States right after Christmas.

Prayer needs are as follows:

  • Safety traveling home
  • Healing from the biopsy
  • We will be telling the kids on Sat. morning (Friday pm for CA residents)
  • Direction on all that needs to be done before we leave Slovenia
  • Saying goodbye to all our wonderful Slovene friends
  • Anything else that God puts on your heart

Rom 8:38-39

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Love,

Mike & Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please share with Mike and Michelle that we are praying for them. I know that God is able to do exceedingly above all that we could ever ask or think! I will share this request with our school also.

Miss you guys!
Love, Mom Woodard