Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First (and not last!) tumble

Aww!! So there I was...out with my friend, Kristi and her 10 month old baby and Abigail's best boy-friend, Luke, when I realized Abigail had a poopy diaper. Kristi only had an hour so I didn't even take Abigail's diaper bag with me! Luckily since Luke is so close in age, Kristi had one and opened the back of her mini-van for me to change her in. I usually do it in her stroller, but decided to just do it in the van.

Well....I just looked away for a split second (that's what they always say!!!) and out she went. Somehow she rolled right out and landed on the pavement. I must add that thankfully I had already wiped her off because it was a doozy of a dirty diaper! but un-thankfully she didn't have her new one on yet! Poor thing!! Not only was she terribly injured, shocked and scared, now she could add exposed! to the list! She scratched her nose the worst and ended up with a bloody nose to boot! She actually recovered surprisingly well...faster than I did! She only cried for about a minute but my hands were still shaking for quite awhile after that and if it weren't for the shock of it all I'm sure I would've cried a lot longer than a minute!

So here's her picture...she really is fine and within a half hour was her same self, talking and laughing.
And I kept telling her, "Abigail, you really should be sad in these pictures, you just had your first fall." So here she is trying to be sad.
Okay, so not really. We are so blessed that she's okay. We're taking her to the doctor in a few minutes to have some dry patches of skin looked at so it's just timed perfectly.

Oh, and what is the opposite of a milk mustache? A milk gotee? A milk soul patch? I could probably start a new line of advertising for formula!

3 comments:

kristin said...

what a cutie! and a trooper, too. erin must be tutoring her in extreme sports :)

Anonymous said...

Well, Kasie was much younger when she sustained her first injury. I snipped the end of her finger off with fingernail clippers when she was a just a few weeks old. At almost 10, she's lived to tell about it and there's not even a scar. Hope that makes you feel better.

Amy Woodard said...

Thanks girls! That's encouraging to hear. Abigail is a trooper and so sweet to not hold it against me. : )