Monday, April 2, 2007

Spring time = junking time!

Here in Slovenia they really know how to "spring clean!" Every year about this time the trash company organizes and allows you to throw away anything that you want to for free, including old washing machines, rusted out metal, broken refrigerators, clothing, mattresses and my personal favorite, old furniture!

It's like really well organized garage sales, except that you don't have to pay anything and you don't have to look in the paper for which neighborhood, it's every house in that particular neighborhood, and in some villages, the junk heap is all in one location!

You probably think I'm crazy...but I am not the only one on our team that does this! : ) I won't name any names though in case they don't want to be exposed!

So I've already been out several times around here and unfortunately have only found true "junk" but I am not discouraged and am having great fun! : ) Anyone want to be a "junky" with me?! : )

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I want to be a junky with you! Sure wish I lived closer... :( Love you!

Anonymous said...

So, show us a picture of this awesome "junk". I love junk (my hubby doesn't though). Ha Ha!!