Luke Patty celebrated his FIRST birthday by asking his parents if he could go to English Camp for the week. They said, "okay, since it's your first one..." Okay, so not really. But his birthday did fall during the week of English Camp. Kristi has a group of girls that she calls "her girls" that were planning the late-night activity for the evening so they planned a First Birthday party for Luke complete with kid bike games, play dough castles and more fun kid game stuff.
Then last week we celebrated, on a smaller scale, the little guy's big day. This picture was taken a little early, later on he had the full-on chocolate covered face as he enjoyed every bite!
And Abigail had fun being with her friend, Luke again. She especially enjoyed all his new toys! Even just the excitement of a big, wrapped box was fun for the two little ones.The party ended up being on the 4th of July...a cold, wet, rainy, thunderstormy 4th of July. But we celebrated anyway. Josh even braved the weather to grill us hamburgers! Abigail enjoyed having some good ol' 4th of July watermelon too!
2 comments:
So delighted to see the next generation of JV kids celebrating their lives together. Thanks for the photos. Andrea
We had to change our gmail account name so I couldn't comment earlier. Loved your story about Luke and I think I'll steal it for his baby book! I'm sure you'll have lots of great photos from your time in the US. We miss you. Hurry home! Kristi
Post a Comment