Friday, November 16, 2007

We just adore this girl!

Who wouldn't...just look at that mug!!
Really though. We are just enjoying every bit of who this little girl is and are so grateful the Lord gave her to us. I've thought so many times lately about how I respond to the Lord when He's asking me to obey Him in some area. Abigail is so quick to obey...and with a joyful heart. Am I that obedient, even willingly and joyfully to the Lord? It is such a pleasure and so enjoyable and easy to parent her when she has a willing heart. I can imagine the Lord saying, "Yes, Amy. I feel the same way when you have a willing and joyful heart."Baby No. 2 is coming soon! Just about 7 weeks left. I keep having dreams about the little guy and look forward to meeting him. Joel and I keep wondering what his personality is going to be like, who he'll look like and basically just can't wait to meet him. I can't believe how big I am and that he still has some growing to do! Yikes!
Joel and I like to go out for coffee and there is a cafe with a play place for kids. Abigail is getting so big, it's fun to let her play in the midst of the other kids. Most of her time is spent just watching as everyone runs around; climbing on things, jumping off things, sliding down slides. She mostly just sits on a little teeter-totter toy and watches the busy-ness of all the other kiddos, anxiously anticipating the day when she will be big enough to join in.
Today though, when the waitress brought our coffees she came back to the table to join us. So I got her little plastic tea cup and spoon out and we shared the foam from our lattes with her. She just sat at the table with us while we drank our coffees, shared a piece of cake and talked. It was so cute. I so, so wish I'd had our camera with us at the time. Then when she was finished, she wanted down and headed back to the play area. Is she really just 16 months?!

3 comments:

Lew said...

Joel and Amy,
Abigail is such a little sweetheart! And Amy, you are soo pregnant! and soo beautiful! Joel, what an honor to be the man, husband and father to these two wonderful ladies and soon to be father to wonderful son! We love you guys and have you in our prayers and in our hearts!
Lew and carol

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

What fun to watch your child interact with others and then tell you about it! Soon you will even know the words:)
I can't wait to see her and the little one! He will be cute no matter what, and we can't wait to hold him!
We love you all. Have a nice Thanksgiving with all your friends.
Love, mom and dad, too, and grandma too!!!

Anonymous said...

One of my sweetest times with Grace was when the older boys were in school and Grace & I would go grocery shopping, stopping at the grocery "cafe" at before leaving. They had a boat shaped ball area for her to play in - and we always had tea together when she came in and out of the play area. What sweet memories. So happy for you and I totally agree she's a doll!
Andrea