Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas 2000 years ago

We had a Christmas party with the students this past Saturday. Joel had told them all the week before that we would be celebrating Christmas from 2000 years ago and that we would have a special guest. A guest who was there at the first Christmas and whose wife was 'round with child'. (Thankfully I didn't have to try to get sheets around me to pretend to be Mary.) I was very proud of him though!

So Joel told the story of Christmas from Joseph's perspective and we sang a few Christmas carols, had hot chocolate and marshmallows, way too many sweets and we hung out and played games together. There were two games of Settlers going on, X-Box in Joel's office and White Christmas playing in the living room. It was a great evening. It was especially nice for me since I haven't been around the students in so long.

Joel's been opening up Trdna Skala on Wednesdays after school for free time and getting together with students on the weekends, but I've stayed home from most of that. I still see my girls though, mostly Anja and that's been nice to keep up with them. So it was just fun to have our home filled with students again. Here's some pictures!

No comments: