My "nesting bug" has kicked in and I think back out again...leading up to Christmas I was inspired to bake, bake, bake. Cookies, peppermint bark, a blackberry pie, rolls, cinnamon rolls...it all looked and sounded so good! I paced myself, and at the same time, was hoping that all that standing and working in the kitchen would get this baby out! No luck! The whole cooking, baking thing is gone now, but we've been living on left-overs since Christmas so now I have to get back into cooking.
We were so excited for Christmas with Abigail this year, even though we knew she still wouldn't understand much of what was going on. When she woke up Christmas morning we pulled her into bed with us and we read her the Christmas story from her Children's Bible. Then headed downstairs to open presents.
One of her favorite things is a stroller for her baby doll. She is quite a little Mama, so this is just one more way she can mommy her little baby. We went on a walk yesterday and she pushed her baby in her stroller the whole way! It was adorable to watch!
Tomorrow our JV team is having a Christmas party at the Patty's house. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone! It felt strange to not see each other on Christmas, but we all enjoyed family times at our own homes and that was nice. So now we're looking forward to getting together tomorrow--if we're not having a baby by then. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment