Friday, January 11, 2008

Well...

I don't know if I would use the word, "patiently" to describe my waiting, at least not today. : ) I'm still waiting though, what else can I do? I've had quite a few doctor appointments, including one the other day where they inserted some sort of hormone tablet that would naturally start opening my cervix. They said it could start working right away or take up to 48 hours to work and I would need to stay at the hospital. I wasn't really looking forward to that.

Joel came with me, thankfully brought some dvd's, Sudoku puzzles and books and we waited and waited. Poor Joel endured the 8 hours sitting in a hard plastic chair while I layed on either side having a CTG machine connected to monitor any contractions and the baby to ensure safety for him. I started that morning at a good 1 cm and ended at a whopping 1 1/2 cm! Thankfully, because of that and the last hour of not having any contractions I was able to come home and sleep in my own bed. We went back in the next morning and I was then at 2 cm, so they sent me home and my next appt is Monday morning.

We're praying that the Lord moves things along naturally before Monday morning so I won't need to be induced this time. We're also praying for a single room, if you'd like to join us in that! I'll need to stay in the hospital 72 hours after the baby is born, not including the day he is born, so it's nice to have my own room.

Thank you so much for all your emails, comments and prayers! We will definitely update the blog and most likely email when anything finally does happen!! : ) It has to one of these days, doesn't it??!!

7 comments:

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Well we have a little baby boy here at the ranch, so yours cannot be far behind. They named him Fig!!
Oh well, 9#9oz. Whew! but apparently she had no problems. So, on with it Aim...we can hardly wait!
Love you, mom

Rakel said...

We keep praying!!

Jon and Erin said...

We can't wait to hear the news...we check the blogs everyday.

Lew said...

Joel and Amy,
We are praying for you! You are so special to us!
Lew & Carol

Tricia Swift said...

I can't wait to hear how it all goes! we are all thinking and praying for all of you! good luck!

Allison McKenney said...

Amy-
I've been praying for you every day, and will continue to do so. I've been checking your blog all the time to see if there's a "he's here" post! :)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all - such a hard time ot be patient and it's easy to be anxious. Hang in there, we love you!