Friday, February 1, 2008

The Lord's Provision

The first week of each month I buy all of our baby products for the month. With the dollar continuing to drop our monthly budget continues to get smaller and smaller so I try to buy all the "necessary" items at the beginning of the month to make sure we have them and make due with or without the other not-so-necessary items later in the month.

This last month when I went to buy Abigail's 4! boxes of formula there were only 3 on the shelf so I purchased those and decided to buy the fourth next time around. Well, after having Elijah that next time around never came. Last night, though, I finished off that third box of formula for her bedtime bottle. It felt like the widow in 1 Kings whose oil and flour never ran dry when she was providing bread for Elijah. Maybe we do have a little prophet on our hands!

We've been trying to switch Abigail to cow's milk, but she's not taking it yet. We've even tried chocolate syrup...nothing is really working. Do you other Moms out there have any tips?

The other provision was with diapers. I thought that I had purchased Abigail's two packs of diapers for the month, but when we looked in her cabinet, there was only one. So later in the month we were planning on going to buy the second and one day Joel went out to the van and found the 2nd package still in the back of the van.

At the baby shower for Elijah, I was given two packs of diapers. With Elijah not being born until the 15th, those two packs got us through this month. But now we have to buy two packs for Abigail and we don't know yet, how many for Elijah.

"Mercator" is one of the main grocery stores here in Slovenia. They have a points card for their store and I signed up for it because sometimes there are special prices that you have to have the card to get the discount. The other day though, we were getting a few groceries and the clerk told us we had 11Euros on our point card to spend and they would expire on the 31st. So yesterday we went to the store and got Elijah a pack of diapers for 10.99Euros!

There were countless other ways this month that we found ourselves giving thanks to God for providing for us in physical ways. These are just a couple that I wanted to share about. God is so good!

3 comments:

mom & dad said...

I was just praying this morning that the Lord would give me eyes of Faith to see the Lord's provisions that we so often take for granted! Thanks for sharing - it is an encouragement to hear how God is providing for you.

Anonymous said...

I have many stories like that as well. It's always good to hear them from others as a reminder of God's faithfulness to us even with things like diapers. :-) Melanie B

Anonymous said...

I rejoice with you. I KNOW God will supply all your needs - formula & diapers certainly count in that promise. Yeah God!
Andrea Pitcher