It's been over a week since I got back from Israel but the things I've learned are still floating around. When I read the Bible now it's like I'm reading it in color for the first time. Things aren't vastly different in my understanding of truth but it's as if my faith and the stories I've heard since I was a kid have been stamped with an "It's true!"Some of the highlights were:
- The temple mount, thinking that Jesus hung out there!
- The southern steps up to the temple. Praying there with people from all over the world and feeling a breeze and knowing God is at work today as He was 2000 years ago!
- The Herodium. A fortress of Herod, towering high and mighty over the surrounding area and seeing the lowly village of Bethlehem below where the true King was born.
- Ceaseria Phillipi. A great visual to bring a Biblical setting to life.

We have a lot going on around the ministry here. We are in full swing of raising money to purchase the student center/church. We are having a fund raising dessert in TS next Friday for all the families of students of TS. We are praying they will catch a vision for what can be and be involved in helping us establish this for the future.
I will also be going back to the States for a short visit in April to speak at Cornerstone for an offering they will have at the end of April. I'm not looking forward to being gone from my family more days but I'm excited about this opportunity and to see some family and friends back there.
When I came back from Israel, Abigail would not let me out of her site for 2 or 3 days. It was cute and meant I got a lot of hugs and kisses and Elijah had changed so much, I was gone for 1/4 of his life at that point!
We have camps to plan, Bible studies, a new English course for parents at our house starting Monday, all Slovenia camp team training time, and two kids! I wouldn't trade it for the world!
3 comments:
I'm having a blast being part of life and ministry with you guys! Keep up the great work!
HI AMY. Do you remember me? Jenny Knoll, now Jen Jacobs. I loved catching up with you on your blog! Blessing to you sister!
Hi Joel and Amy. I just want to tell you how this site has been a blessing to Tommy and I. I share with him and show him the pictures.
You all are a real encouragement and I know you have been a great help to your young people. Hope I can come to your site more often and leave a comment. This post touched my heart. Thanks
Post a Comment