Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Little Man

Elijah had his first check-up a week and a half ago and he'd gained two pounds and grew two inches! He's doing great except that we've discovered he is having an allergic reaction to milk and maybe other dairy products. I've stopped having dairy products and his rash and/or acne is clearing up, so that's good.

He's started smiling a lot and sort-of chuckles when we tickle his feet. He's a really sweet baby and we're enjoying him!

10 comments:

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Poor mama! We are still bringing cheese, though. You can keep if for later or something. How di they figure out right away that it is dairy products? I'm sure he will outgrow it. See you soon!!!
Love you , dad and mom

Anonymous said...

Joel and Amy... Congratulations! We are just catching up on life and took some time to check out your blog... Your new little guy is adorable :)

You are still a daily prayer for our family... and Sarah is always praying especially over your little ones.

Love the Coose Family

Anonymous said...

I had to cut out most dairy with Nate. We all survived. I recognized that rash before I even read your post. It's an easy fix, but not always fun for Mom having to give up cheese and ice cream. :-) Melanie

Anonymous said...

What sweet photos. Can't wait to meet him in person. Grace also had dairy allergies - it is a stage and he'll grow out of it when he can start digesting real food...just a little inconvenient for you for this season.

Love the new name & banner. Way to go!
Andrea Pitcher

Allison McKenney said...

Amy, I can totally tell that he's a sweet baby! I love all the pictures, and the new banner one too! My favorite pictures are the ones you captured of Abigail and Joel...too precious for words.

What about soy products?

mom & dad said...

His little face looks just like Jon's did. Amazing! Does he try to scratch it? Know you'll have a wonderful time with your folks. Can't help but be a tad envious! Chris and Julie you have to do double grandparent duty - for us too! Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Josh and Kristi said...

Amy! I love how your Pipanova Place turned out! Absolutely adorable! Nice job! I admire you!
Kristi

the Routsons said...

Sounds like there are lots of us mama's that had to cut the dairy out! He looks like such a doll.

Are you just feeding him cream?! 2lbs aready gained wow.

I love the pics of Joel and Abby; so cute! Daddy's girl.

Have a great weekend coming up. Love reading your blog!

-Becky Routson

Rakel said...

What a beautiful baby....love you guys...big hugs from the thurmans on this end

Unknown said...

Hey Amy!

I can't believe you already wrote me a thank you note that came in the mail today! You are quite a woman to get that little task done! Thanks...you totally didn't need to do it, but it definitely counted to me as I know those are not easy to get done when you have little kids...or big kids!

How I loved seeing you and your sweet children - brings tears to my eyes still to think of the goodness of the Lord to give them to you!!

Love you, Connie