Monday, April 28, 2008

Elijah's allergies

Well...Elijah had allergy testing done today and the first results came back negative for everything! They drew some blood to be tested for dairy and egg allergies that we'll get the results for in about a week or 10 days. The skin/arm test though, included milk and eggs and it showed negative results, so hmmm....

The Dr. thought maybe it is Dermatitis instead, we're waiting to hear about the blood tests before moving forward.

I must say though, that I am so glad to hear that it might not be allergies to dairy and egg products. It is so! so hard to keep that out of my diet! It seems like almost everything has some form of dairy or egg cooked in.

It's interesting though, that his skin cleared up after I stopped having dairy products. Hmm...

Another little thing is that he is often itching his ear and the part of his cheek just in front of his ear. I asked the Dr. at his last appt about that and to check to make sure he doesn't have an infection and she said it was okay, but that his skin appeared to have something like Dermatitis.

The Dr. today recommended some bath soap and lotion for him, so we'll be trying those while we wait for the results of the blood test.

So that's the news about the boy.

1 comment:

Gina Marie said...

Any more news yet on the testing?

Love you sweet friend!