Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Heading out!

My packing list has almost everything checked off, just the last minute things remain. Joel is in bed right now, trying to get some sleep before driving through the night to go to Josiah Venture's Spring Bible Conference. We are really looking forward to it! Well, me and the kids, especially. Joel has already been doing quite a bit of traveling this year, we're looking forward to traveling with him this time. Some of our favorite conversations together happen on the drive to and from conference.

We're looking forward to meal times with all of our JV friends. One of the things we love about the conference is all the JV Kids running around in freedom with their friends. We're looking forward to Abigail making some new friends there and seeing her as she gains confidence and runs around the hotel with all the other kids. We adore the kids in JV and are so happy for Abigail and Elijah to get time with them this week.

We're also really looking forward to some good Bible teaching as well as worship and relaxing in the afternoons with the other JV Missionaries. Some of my favorite times are the afternoons, hanging out on the couches in the hotel lobby or on the outdoor terrace. One of the days is always a "family day" with some fun activity to do together. This year, we'll be having a luau, so that should be a good time.

All in all, we're just really looking forward to the trip! I'll post again when we get back! Oh...and the photo to the right was taken at last year's conference. We're hoping to get a new family photo taken this year. So I'll be posting that for sure! We need one of the little guy too!

2 comments:

Allison McKenney said...

It sounds wonderful...I just might show up! Ha ha.

I love all the pictures you recently posted!

xoxoxo

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Have fun! We will think about pottery for next year. But, if you see something for yourself, I have put $50 in your account for you. Just take a picture so I can see.
Love you,
Mom