Friday, June 6, 2008

Sleeping...

I took Abigail to two hospitals before we ended up in Jesenice, north of here on the border of Austria where they put two stitches in her lip. She did great and the doctors were so friendly to her. They decided not to numb the area because it would hurt just as much as a stitch or two would.

It made me think of all the times my parents took me to the hospital. She got home and didn't even seem like anything was wrong. It was more traumatic for her parents than for her, I'm sure. She is sleeping now. A thousand more bruises, cuts, and owies to go... this parenting thing is tough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go keeping calm with her through this ordeal. I remember Zachary getting 14 stitches in his head and keeping him calm through the whole thing...then I came home and started to physically shake and couldn't stand. The Mom Adrenaline had finally let down. You did a great job parenting her through this one. Glad she is back to her perky, chatty self - even with stitches!
Andrea PItcher