Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jr. High Camp?! Really??

I just received a text message on my phone from Joel that reads, "It is a special evening here, I'll tell you tomorrow."

Every time I ask Joel how camp is going, he says "it's a really easy camp, it's going really great!" During last year's Jr. High camp I received many different messages that said much the opposite, so it's fun to hear these messages this year!

I just wrote him back asking him more about it and he said, "I don't know. Camp has just turned a corner and Zan is leading it!"

Oh, Zan. How we love thee...at times. This kid... he has two completely different sides to him. One side, is pure gold and when you get him you just want to hang on to him. The other side...well, he's 16. Enough said. : ) (Zan is in the picture, on the left.)

Zan first came into our lives at the Jr. High Camp we did here in Kranj, three years ago. He has been a faithful part of anything we've done these past three years and has been slowly and steadily walking toward the Lord, often times when he didn't even want to be.

Over coffee recently, Zan told Joel, "I could see myself doing what you do." And it sounds as if the Lord is using him in that way right this moment! Would you take a moment to pray for Zan and the rest of the students at camp?

One other urgent prayer request is for David Abrahamson. He fell today during sports and dislocated his collar bone. Joel was able to take him to the hospital (after handing over speaking responsibilities to Ty Cook who we heard did a really great job!) for x-rays and such. He's in a sling right now and I think a lot of pain despite not wanting to show it. : ) He'll need to have surgery when he gets back to Oregon.

1 comment:

Josh and Kristi said...

loved reading about camp! We are praying for you guys all the time! Not much time to write these days. More soon!
Kristi