Monday, July 21, 2008

Six Months Already!

Elijah is six months now! Wow! Our neighbors just had a baby girl recently and when I saw her and then looked at Eli who was swinging in their swingset, I couldn't believe that it was just 6 months ago that he really was that small and fragile.

He is sitting up pretty good on his own, and is now falling gracefully. : ) It's amazing to watch how that process develops! He is creeping everywhere, rolling all over the floor to get wherever or whatever he wants and should be crawling pretty soon too! It's like he's in fast motion all-the-time! Maybe he's making up for being 11 days late!

He's so different from Abigail and it makes me feel like I'm getting to know her better through watching Elijah develop. When she was small I didn't know what was "her" and what was just normal baby stuff, so it's fun to see just how different Eli is from his sister.

Each month I'm getting pictures of Eli next to this bear to show how he grows, but it's turned into more of a wrestling match each month and it's so cute to see the progression on film. The first three months he didn't even notice the bear was beside him! I just love all the pictures this month, so I decided to include them all! It may be one of those "only a mother will like" things, but the pictures are there if you want to watch!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

mom & dad said...

Such a happy boy! I love seeing the bear pictures. It's so hard to get a good idea of his size - looking at the bear picture each month helps! Hope you are all rested again.

Jon and Erin said...

He seems to have such a fun personality. I liked the bear pictures and I'm only his Aunt. Thanks for all the fun posts and pictures. We love hearing about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable boy! Don't worry about posting them all and being a "mommy thing" Aunt Jeanette loves them too. We received some very sad news about a friend of ours, so seeing pictures of Elijah smiling really made the california clans day. Thank you.
Love you guys,
Jeanette