Really it was just an excuse to get together again. Joel went to the store and bought food representing different countries in honor of the Olympics. We had pizza from Italy, chips and dip from Mexico, some bubbly (sparkling apple cider) and a loaf of fresh bread from France, popcorn, peanuts and Coke from America, dark chocolate from Switzerland and chocolate covered bananas, "Lion" candy bars and candy frogs from South Africa. Oh yeah, and Cokta and peanut flavored chip things from Slovenia!
It was just fun to be together and have students in our home again. We watched the amazing opening ceremonies, Joel read off Olympics quizzes online as we shouted out our answers, some people hung out in the kitchen munching on all the food and it was just a great time together!



2 comments:
What a great idea! I love how you put the flags for each country by the foods!
Sounds like a great time! Sorry I missed out on it and all of the munchies. :-) I'll see you guys soon.
Post a Comment