Joel and I haven't been to a Zoo in the states in at least 7 years, so we don't know how they've changed, but we were surprised to see how close you can be to animals here. It was fun to see them a bit more up close and personal...a little scary at times too!
Here are a few pictures:





We had NO IDEA what this guy was! We decided that his body looked like a pig, but the face more like an enormous squirrel! Anyone have any ideas?? We'll send a bar of Slovene Chocolate to whoever can figure out what this guy is! : )
11 comments:
Looks kinda like a Wombat.
Zoos are fun.....remember taking our kids to the zoo in Cairo....it was fun, but it was hard to really figure who was the biggest attraction...our little blond boys or the facinating animals we came across...no I don't know what animal this is
I'm sure the zoo in Cairo had some interesting animals, Rakel! And Chris, it's not a wombat. They do look similar though! Nice try! Anyone else???
I started this quest because of my wife's passion for chocolate. I must admit, that with google image the challenge was taken away. Hence, I consider myself not eligible for the prize. But I will still give what I believe to be the answer:
Capybara
Great photos of the elephant guys. I still think of praying for you when I see chicken.
-Greg
Wow!! Great job Greg!! I'm so impressed, even with the fact that you knew how to use the image to find it...I didn't know you could do that! You're right though, it's a Capybara. The world's largest rodent! Isn't that nice?! I'll put some chocolate in the mail for you tomorrow! Yum, yum!!
That was my second guess.... and Greg called me for the answer...
ha, ha, you're funny Chris. It sounds like you want some chocolate...
Only if its Gorenjka!
Amy- Kasie (11-yr-old) knew that it was a capybara right away. She didn't cheat on Google. She says it is a large rodent. :-) Melanie B.
Hey Melanie!!
Can you email me your address? I would love to send Kasie some chocolate! That's so impressive that she knew about that animal! Yay Kasie!!
Oh, that's easy...it's an R.O.U.S.! Full name "Rodents Of Unusual Size" as seen in The Princess Bride. :-)
Post a Comment