Friday, September 5, 2008

Stories of late

There is a Circus Safari in town. We have no idea what that means except "ridiculously overpriced show to see camels, lamas, goats and ponies". We thought it might be worth it to take the kids, but as you can see by Abigail's face in this picture that just walking along the animals on the outside was quite enough for her!
She was definitely NOT impressed with the camels but enjoyed the lamas and even mustered up enough courage to try to feed one!
Elijah, however, was not intimidated by the animals at all and when this goat escaped and came right up to him, he just reached over and bapped him on the nose. Eli is cruising all around the house these days! If the front or back door is open, he makes a bee-line for it and attempts an escape undetected. A couple times, he's been making his way to one door or the other, I've seen him, told him "No, Eli." and he kicks it into high gear to get to the door before I have a chance to scoop him up!

He's pulling himself up onto things already as well. He often pulls himself up, holds on with one hand and then chuckles to himself as he stands there for a few seconds. I think he is actually impressed with himself! Another thing that he's doing (that we're working on stopping!) is fake crying! I CANNOT believe that at 7 1/2 months he knows how to fake cry/manipulate with emotions!! He actually scrunches his face, makes a frown and "tries" to produce tears. Thankfully it only lasts for about a second and then he opens his eyes to see if it's working, (which it totally isn't!) and then he stops. The first time he did it we were so shocked and then we were laughing so hard, I actually had to leave the table so he would obey Joel and stop doing it! I would have a picture here to show you his pathetic-little-faker-face, but I really don't want to encourage this behavior. Alas, a story will have to do.

Here is a video though of another funny thing that he is doing lately...growling! Yeah...no idea! At one of the picnics last weekend there was a dog and Eli just started growling at her. It's not a super great video...just a snippit to give you a look into his funny little personality! Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! How fun! I'm glad you are having fun w/ your kids! They do give a lot of SPICE to life! Melissa had a chew toy that was a lion when she was a baby. First noises in response were because we taught her to roar at the lion!
Love you guys! Mary Wright :-)

Greg and Andrea said...

I can't believe he's moving all over your house already. You're a busy mama these days!
Andrea