Saturday, October 18, 2008

Eli is 9 months!

I have several things I've been wanting to write about and having a difficult time these days finding the time, so I'm "hoping" to get several done tonight now that the kids are in bed...
So! First things first! Elijah turned 9 months the other day! I put a shirt on him today and just happened to glance at the tag, it read "9 Months". Oh my! Not, 'oh my' that he's still wearing a shirt size 9 months, but that he is actually 9 months old already! Oh my! Where has the time gone?! I think I say that every month...yet it's true e v e r y time! : )

He is still cruising all over the house and still putting everything into his mouth, nothing has changed there! His cruising has changed a little though. He has grown out of his little army crawl and into a sort-of (I call it) monkey crawl as well as just recently your traditional hand and knees crawl. Here's a picture of his little monkey crawl in motion... (I totally use that title affectionately!! : )Another way he's starting to get about is by walking or pushing furniture around as he goes. Sometimes he picks things that aren't very stable though and...crash! He's learning though and no bad tumbles...yet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing that it is 9 months. Just wait till he starts walking!

Anonymous said...

random fact that might give you some encouagement as you chase a crawler around the house: there is a link between the skill of crawling and reading acquisition - that means if a kid has trouble crawling or doesn't crawl they will have reading problems later on. Something about the coordinaton and brain wiring and synapse development that he's doing now lays the foundation for what his brain needs to learn to read later on. So he's doing more than just lurching around the house trying to get more stuff in his mouth...his a pre-reader!

Keep chasing him around with grace and patience!
Andrea Pitcher

Amy Woodard said...

Thanks Andrea! That's encouraging to hear! Is anything mentioned about the amount of crawling being linked to how well of reader he'll be?! I think he'll be near the top of his class! ; )

Jon and Erin said...

He crawls like his cousin did! Now that Noah walks he crawls "correctly". Noah is 18 mo today!! I feel like he should be 2 already though.