Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Joel!

Joel's birthday began early in the morning this year. For some reason, Abigail woke up around 2am and couldn't get back to sleep so we spent most of the night being awoken by little footsteps coming from her room into ours, then taking her back to her room, hearing her pidder-padder again, taking her back to her room...until 6:30 in the morning!

After the long night, we enjoyed being with everyone at the staff meeting at the Patty's house. I made an ice-cream/brownie cake that Joel really likes and we shared that with everyone. It's always fun to be together as a team and extra fun when it's someone's birthday!

Abigail gets a good solid 4+ hours of play time with Luka on those days and she really enjoys that. In addition to those two little ones and Eli, there is a Slovene couple who recently joined our team, Andrej & Nina. They also have a daughter, Eva, just a few months younger than Eli. We also have several families with more young children in the process of joining JV! Does anyone want to come once a month for babysitting all these wonderful kids?!

So back to Joel's birthday...
After the staff meeting Joel dropped us off at home and headed to a Bible Study he and Kathy started on Wednesday's at Trdna Skala. Kathy had arrived early and with the help of several students they planned a Birthday surprise for Joel, complete with more cake and balloons!

Then in the evening, Kathy came by to be here at the house while the kids slept so Joel and I could go out for coffee. She's done that for us a couple other times recently and it's been so nice to get out of the house together! Thanks again, Kathy!

Joel is such an amazing man! The kids and I are totally blessed to have Joel in our lives. I really enjoy who God has created him to be with his determined drive in life and ability to have so much fun along the way. It's a blessing to be married to someone that I respect so much and can lean on for support and strength and wisdom. I'm just a very lucky girl! ; )

Happy Birthday Honey, I love you!

2 comments:

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

We wish you a happy birthday, we wish you a happy birthday...it sounds like it was a nice day! Once a month, you say? Hmmm
Love you all very much
Dad and Mom

Kathy said...

You are very welcome! It's easy to baby sit kids that are sleeping! :-) I'm glad to be able to help out. You guys are great and I enjoy being a part of your family!