(I wrote this before leaving for our retreat last week and was having internet problems. So it's old, old news now instead of just old, maybe it'll still be interesting to read anyway! : ) I'm still having a hard time with my internet, so I'll have to post pictures later!)
We're packing up and getting ready to leave tomorrow morning for a Thanksgiving Retreat in Czech with our JV family. We're really looking forward to some time away to spend with our friends. I've had several blog posts being written in my head lately, so I'll just combine them all into one before we head out the door. None of it is BIG NEWS...just news about what's been going on with us lately.
So...today is my birthday! It's been fun to hear Abigail saying over and over again this past week, "Happy Birthday Mama!" Kathy made us lunch and a birthday cake on Sunday after church. That was fun and then this morning I got a haircut and just enjoyed an hour to myself, getting my hair washed, cut and styled while I enjoyed flipping through a magazine. Aaahhh, so nice!
This past weekend, we had some really cold and really clear weather. It was beautiful and produced some amazing sunsets on the mountains. Our camera didn't catch how deep the colors actually were, but it's nice anyway. We really do live in a beautiful area!
Then yesterday it started snowing, pretty wet snow, but snow! It's pretty fun to have it around already. If it sticks around until March, we'll probably get tired of it, but for right now, we're enjoying it!
No comments:
Post a Comment