Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Elijah!

Hi! I'm Elijah Thomas Woodard and I'm one year old today!
You can see how big I am now that I'm a year old, especially compared to when I was only 1 month old! I've grown a lot!! I've enjoyed my first year of life, it feels like it happened at warp speed, cuz that's how I like to do things! My Mama is always telling me to slow down, take my time and enjoy life, but I have too much to do and not enough time to do it in, so I like to go fast.

When we were in America for Christmas I decided I would start walking cause I can get around faster that way and I'm almost ready to run! Sometimes I do, but then I fall cause my legs can't keep up with my mind yet. Pretty soon, though and then my Mama will be sorry!

For my birthday, Mama made me cupcakes that looked like sports balls. I like all sorts of balls, so I was happy. Mama & Dada had a staff meeting at Luka's Mama & Dada's house, so we were all there and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and I got to blow out a candle, which I wasn't very good at, but it was fun to have everyone looking at just me. My cake was yummy.
Mama & Dada gave me a toy airplane for my birthday and both Abigail and I like it cuz it reminds us of when we went to visit Grandma & Grandpa.
Some of my favorite toys are cars, balls, tractors and Mama's pot lids cuz they make lots of noise and anything else that I can slide across the kitchen floor.

I like to make people laugh, however I can. It makes me happy if other people are laughing because of me. I like to laugh too. One of my favorite games is peek-a-boo.I don't like sitting still, being buckled in my car seat or having my daiper changed. I like to move and when I can't it's not fun. I like to have fun.

I also like to wrestle with and head-butt my Dada. My favorite word is Dada, I say it all the time. Sometimes Dada asks me to say "Mama" and I smile and say "Dada!" Everyone laughs at me. I like to cuddle with Mama and put my head on her shoulder and give kisses to my family.

I think I'm going to have fun this next year and try lots and lots of new things and probably end up in the hospital at least once. But I'll be having fun along the way cuz that's just what I do!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day Eli!

We hope we'll get together this weekend.

Špela, Ajda, Grega & Katja

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! We wish we could have been there to see him make everyone laugh! But a giggle came out of me just reading it. Again, Happy birthday grandson of ours! We love you!
Love, Grampa and Gramma Sorensen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eli!!
We love getting the updates on you and your family.
We love you all. Keep everyone laughing Eli, it's a good thing:)
The California Clan

Kathy said...

Happy B-day Eli! Sorry I wasn't there to celebrate it with you all. Keep on movin' fast little guy - next time I see you we can have a race! :-)

Lori Jackson said...

Happy Birthday yesterday Elijah! We love you tons and you do make us laugh!

christinastanton said...

Happy Belated Birthday Eli! I miss you!

Josh and Kristi said...

Your cake was very yummy! And it was fun having you here at our place for your birthday. Luka is stilling thinking about it because at yesterday's nap time he started singing, "Happy to you 'lijah"