Okay, I think this is a funny post since we live in Slovenia and will not be having a Super Bowl Party. Joel will be watching the game, however, it will either be during the middle of the night here or the next day. I've been wanting to post this recipe though, my Mom made it when we were growing up. It's a total crowd pleaser so maybe someone else might be able to make it for their Super Bowl Party!
I don't have a fancy title for it...just NACHOS!
1 can Refried Beans
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkt. taco seasoning
(Cook the ground beef like you would for tacos, drain any water)
2 cups mexican cheese blend or plain cheddar
1 small can diced green chilies
1 jar (about 2 cups) salsa
In a 9x13 layer:
Refried Beans, taco seasoned ground beef, diced green chilies, cheese, salsa
Bake at 350 for 30 -45 minutes, until it's bubbly on the sides.
Top with diced black olives, diced tomatoes, sour cream or even guacamole!
Eat with Tortilla Chips (I like the Doritos plain tortilla chips the best!)
Enjoy!!
3 comments:
You are so right, Amy, this receipe is soooooooo goood! I remember your Mom making it. You and Grandma Sorensen must be on the same wavelength, she has been hungry for this. We did not have the exact receipe, but now we do! We are making it tonight for dinner.
Love you all,
The California Clan
That's so fun! Enjoy!! Wish we could share it with you! Love you all!
yes, Aim, I made nacho for Superbowl. Malissa doesn't like cheese (of all things!!) so I made her a small pan all for her without cheese. She made a very good dent in it, too, I might add!
Everyone enjoyed !
Love, mom
Post a Comment