Abigail is really developing her sense of "self" these days. For the most part it's pretty entertaining, funny and amazing to watch, at other times we're tired of being told where to sit, what to do and what not to do. We know it's part of her development, so we're all trying to take it in stride!
The other day she didn't want to get dressed. The house was warm so she was just walking around in her diaper. After awhile, she put on her brown dress shoes. Then she asked if she could go outside. We were laughing as we helped her put on her coat, hat and gloves and sent her out the door. She was outside just a few minutes before knocking on the door asking to come back in.


The other night after I came down from putting Elijah to bed I found Abigail adding to her outfit! I thought she looked pretty stylish myself...minus the full diaper sticking out the back!

Such a funny little girl!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! Im so glad you got pictures! Those will be perfect to pull out when she grows up!
Hey there! I just was catching up on your blog and can't help but noticing your cute little girl showing signs of independence.
It is so hilarious and yet, in the the heat of the moment, it can be frustrating as a parent to deal with conflict.
I suggest... in all things... pray first... be confident... talk it through... and, be consistent. Our little ones crave this in their lives...
I have found that being firm, yet loving, has made all the difference in the end.
The best book I have ever read for discipline is by Mike and Debbie Pearl, to "Train up a Child". I also love to read anything and everything by Sally and Clay Clarkson. If you can pick up some of Sally's books on Motherhood... they are so uplifting...like Manna in the Desert! The book I think you would like right now is by Clay, it is "Heartfelt Discipline , the Gentle Art of Training and Guiding your Child" . They are like polar opposite in their approach (Pearl vs. Clarkson)...but are similar in their message and have shaped mine and Andy's approach to raising our unique little ones in love and discipine. They both promote a loving relationship as the foundation for a parent child.
We all don't have the answers... but God gives us wisdom through is Word and through those who have walked before us. I think it is wise to look at children who are well behaved and ask... how did they become like that??? Then, get to know their parents :). It has worked great for us!
You are doing a great job.
We love you so much and are so proud of you both.
Love you and will continue every night to pray for your family and your ministry. (Sarah is your true prayer warrior...since the age of 4 (she is now almost 10) she has prayed for your family without fail EVERY night!)
Love.
The Coose Family (Dyana)
Wow!!! SUCH cute pictures! She is so big and so little at the same time :) What chilly little legs! Oh, I miss you guys!
Post a Comment