Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mommy's Girl

I peeked my head into Joel's office this morning and he asked "how are things going this morning?" "Great!" I said, "Abigail and I are baking chocolate banana muffins if you want to take a break with us soon!"

She's really been into baking with me these days and it's been fun to let her pour the ingredients, get cocoa powder on her face, flour all over the counter, taste the batters, cookie doughs and pie crusts.

When Kathy left, I inherited many, many useful things! One of the treasures was a package of heart shaped foil baking cups which we put to good use on the tables at the Valentine's dessert filled with Valentine candies. Today, Abigail and I used the leftovers to bake chocolate banana muffins in them. They were really cute! A little late for Valentine's day, but fun anyway!
About a week ago, she helped me bake rolls for dinner. I tore off approximate amounts of dough for each roll for her to "roll" into the ball for putting in her pan. She sort-of just squished them around and plopped them in, but they turned out great! She was so excited to watch them baking in the oven and then to eat them at dinner that night. Secretly, I think her bumpy version rolls were much better than my round ones!Anyone want to be her taste-tester?! : )

7 comments:

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Just her favorite thing! Bread! It looked like she was really enjoying herself. Keep up the good work, mom!
I love you all,
Love mom Sorensen

mom & dad said...

You are so good at capturing great pics! She is so fun to have around and I'm glad you are enjoying the "moments!" You will never regret it.

Anonymous said...

I will be a tastetester! Just wait until the day she enlists Eli and they bring you breakfast in bed.

christinastanton said...

I just cant get enough pictures of your sweet girl. I LOVE them! Keep 'em coming!!

Kathy said...

I want to be a taste tester! Glad you had more fun with the heart shaped cup cake things! :-)

Unknown said...

You blog is beautiful these days! I really enjoyed reading and getting caught up on the past few weeks! Good job!

Amy said...

So sweet! Abigail is such a cutie! Makes me want a little girl of my own to bake with someday. :)