Monday, March 2, 2009

Life at the Woodards these days...

Anja had a break from school last week. Like most High School seniors, that girl is buuusy! So we took the opportunity to have her over for American pancakes for breakfast! She somehow made the time to squeeze in pancakes...I mean, us...and we got time with her! It was a win-win! Especially for Abigail who loves playing dress-up with Anja's things!We had some sunni-er and warm-er days too. Not Spring yet, but hopefully it is on it's way! It's been fun to get outside again! Kathy...this picture is for you! Last year we had this climbing rose. The previous landlord told us that it grows and grows...and we believed them! We were amazed though at how much it grew and grew! And it was so heavy it pretty much just fell over. So! We clipped and trimmed, tied and designed. It feels good to have it ready now before thorns take over and make me scared to reach my hand in!Also, Abigail and I made "bird-feeders", an idea I got from that fellow-blogger who also did the snowman pancakes! She has the best ideas! Alison, you really need to publish a book someday with all your creativity! : ) No birds have actually tasted yet...we're hoping they figure it out soon!
Joel's been busy, busy, busy in the evenings lately, so we've been having our "family dinner" around noon instead. So Saturday we decided to make homemade pizza with incredible Hormel Pepperoni (Thank you soooo much Johnny & Brooke!!) and their Pizza Hut pizza dough recipe! Um, so good!! It was fun to make pizza again. Joel's quite the pizza dough tosser, isn't he?!You can see Abigail trying to "toss" her dough in this picture. Funny girl!Abigail loves the idea of pizza. She gets totally excited that we're going to have pizza, eats all the ingredients beforehand and then takes maybe one bite afterward. This time I had a plan! I read in a magazine about making the pizza like you would for cinnamon rolls. Adding all the ingredients, rolling it up, baking and slicing it! A new twist on pizza! ....didn't work! She ate a couple bites and then was done. I do not get it. Oh well.
Later that afternoon, Eli did some modeling for us. Okay actually he just walked around outside and we snapped pictures. We've decided that if we ever need some extra cash that maybe he could hook us up! We're the parents...so of course we think our kid is super cute!!
Eli has actually had a cough for almost 3 weeks now. It sort-of developed out of the blue, no cold or anything. A cold developed a couple days later though. After that a fever came and went but the cough remained. Joel took him to the doctor and after some tests she said there is no infection, just let him rest and it should go away. Well. It hasn't yet and today he has a fever again and is coughing really bad. We're trying to figure out why and will most likely be taking him to the doctor again this week. Our neighbors loaned us their humidifier, so we're hoping that will help. Thanks again, Gregor & Katja!

Which leads me to what we did today! Joel has Mondays off so it has become our "family day" and we love it! Today we decided to spend part of it at a Thermal Spa to swim and relax in the water! Abigail was so excited! We paid for just 4 hours but with Elijah not feeling well we ended up leaving after three. He just coughed and coughed in the car on the way there, but I think being in that moist atmosphere helped him since he hardly coughed while we were there, but he had that fever (which he didn't have before we left!! : ) so was just lethargic the whole time. Joel spent about 45 minutes with him just holding him, his head resting on Joel's shoulder as Joel walked around in the large pool.

There were so many picture moments, but I forgot the camera at home. So I just had to savor each one and embed it on my heart, especially watching Eli just resting on Joel. So sweet.

So that's what's been going on with us at Pipanova Place!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Our bird feeders failed to attract very many birds as well. And then it rained. Now they look like sad, old, gross, soggy pipe cleaners. Oh well, we had a good time making them and we'll probably do it again, even if the birds don't seem to care.

And again, rarely are any of my ideas original, but I'm glad to see that I can help to pass on the inspiration to others!

Anonymous said...

As a very objective observer I would have to agree that Eli is up there among the top 5 cutest babies I have seen lately. But don't let him model if any offers start rolling in.

Jon and Erin said...

Noah has been coughing for a long time too. He seems fine besides that and he's not wheezing so I'm not too worried this time. They are soo much alike. Even the modeling comment! We wanted to do that with Noah but didn't.

Kathy said...

Nice job on pruning the rose bush...looks great! :-) I just pruned my rose bush this week too! It will be fun to see a picture of yours this summer when it is blooming!

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Eli looks so big and so cute standing there at the garden! An Abigail with her hip thrown out just a little, reminds me of her mom when she was little!
Joel, way to go there! Maybe you have a future in pizza! ha!
Love,
Dad and Mom S.