Our final time at the JV Spring Conference was emotional, sad and incredibly special. We have journeyed with these people for the last 6 1/2 years. We've shared many ups and downs, heartaches and victories that have brought our hearts together in intimate ways. It was difficult to say goodbye to such wonderful people who have become dear family to us over the years.
On another level, Joel and I were experiencing a "goodbye" to the Czech Republic as that is the place where the Lord called both of us to being missionaries as well as where we met and fell in love. Joel first joined Josiah Venture's ministry in 1996 and every subsequent summer after that, I first went to Czech in 1997 and again in 2000. It was a special time to take in the sights and smells of the country again and say "farewell".
There are actually quite a few of us for whom the Lord is shifting directions in life. One of the mornings all of us were individually recognized and people spoke encouraging words to us. Things they've seen us grow in, how we've impacted them, and encouraging words for moving on in life. It was an emotionally exhausting and very sweet time.
We were all given a framed group picture with everyone's signature on the mat around it. Although it'll have to be packed up soon, it's hanging on the wall in our hallway. We wanted to enjoy it and the memories that go along with it starting now.
The theme for the conference was "Journey, Living Out God-Given Dreams" looking at the life of Joseph and how the Lord fulfilled the dreams He gave him. The first night Joel and I whispered to each other, "this is something that can apply to us even as we move on." I don't actually know if it was planned that way for all of us who are leaving, but it gave us some great time to think through some of our God-given dreams and what He has in store for us in the future. It's been a privilege to serve with Josiah Venture these past 6 1/2 years.
2 comments:
I am happy for you to get to experience your next dream- but selfishly, I'm bummed you'll be leaving as we get to SLO! sigh...
I can hardly imagine how wonderful and painfully sweet your time there must have been. I think you'll find in your new spot at some moment a little cafe, a misty morning or even some fresh crunchy bread will take you right back there. You'll be drawn to people with that Slav accent and when camp songs are sung if you close your eyes you'll picture the hearts you ministered to or with. Kitty
Post a Comment