Thursday, May 21, 2009
Switch!
Joel is at the hospital tonight with Elijah, giving me a bit of a break and a chance to be with Abigail. It feels like it's been a doozy of a month so far coming off the emotional goodbye at Conference, to two sick kids at home, then a day of health followed by more sickness, Joel being gone while accommodating a guest and also having some spotting with my pregnancy! Taylor Luby was our guest and ended up being a personal Angel sent from the Lord to be an amazing help while Joel was gone. I don't know what I would've done if she hadn't been here. She was a tremendous help! Thank you Taylor!
Joel sent me a text earlier tonight saying that Elijah's oxygen levels were at 99 (for those of you who know what that means!) but that is with the oxygen tube still in. It's so much better than the past day and a half, but the real test will come when they take the tube out and see how his levels do. Hopefully, they'll stay high. I'm pretty sure in English what you call what he has is Acute Bronchitis. It's a different name here, so not sure about the translation, but it can't be treated with antibiotics like Abigail's bronchitis can, so I'm thinking it's the "acute" one.
Abigail has responded to the antibiotics wonderfully and is seeming more and more like herself despite all the ups and downs of schedules and lack of "normalcy". She's handling it all really well, we're so proud of her.
So here's to praying and hoping that the Lord continues to heal Eli's little body!! Thanks for your prayers and concerns!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the update- he's so cute even with the tube! Will keep praying. =)
Amy, I *wish* I could come, bring Starbucks and visit you and Elijah in the hospital! :( I am praying for your whole family!
xoxoxo- Allison
Post a Comment