Thursday, May 7, 2009

Unbelievable!!

We're in Czech this week at the JV Spring Conference. On our way up, we spent the night in Vienna to break the 8 hour drive in half. We decided to take the train into the city and parked our van at a public parking lot. We didn't realize it until we got back...over 4 hours later!!!...but we had left the left passenger sliding door w-i-d-e o-p-e-n!!

I was pushing Elijah in the stroller just a bit ahead of Joel and Abigail and thought the door looked like it was open, but thought it must've just been the angle or something. As I got closer though, I realized that it really was wide open!

Our luggage for the week was in the back, a DVD player just inside the door...books for the kids, actually all over the floor. It was actually a bit of a wreck inside since we'd just droven 4 hours. Toy cars, animals and books were strewn all over the floor in front of the kid's car seats.

Amazingly though, everything was there. Absolutely NOTHING was stolen. Probably, when people looked inside they thought it was "ransacked" already because of how messy it was. : ) As we got in the van we just thanked the Lord for protecting our van and our belongings! How amazing!!

4 comments:

Laura Jean said...

hahahaha what a great story!! And what a blessing that it turned out to be something to laugh about ;)

thebartols said...

I love it that God protects us in so many ways.

mom & dad said...

I can't see that happening here. I think you would have come back to a "clean" van. Praise the Lord for His protection, again!

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

instead of "open their eyes Lord" it was "thank you for closing their eyes, Lord!" It was probably all of those children's books!
Love, mom