So we're living here in Gresham and really enjoying it! We feel so close to everything, our location is really ideal! The kids have all adjusted nicely. Elijah had a bit of a rough time the first week or two, wanted to be carried around all day...even said that "carry me all day, peaz!" which made it difficult to get boxes unpacked in the midst of feeding a baby every three hours, getting some sort of food on the table, keeping Abigail and trying to keep Elijah somewhat occupied with old toys that felt new again! Whew! But we made it...we're pretty well settled!
It hasn't even been a complete month yet that we've been in this home and yet, it feels like we've been here so much longer. It really is such a blessing to be here. We're enjoying all the room that it offers us and there is a beautiful view out the kitchen window that looks at Mt. St. Helens and also a bit of Mt. Adams. I just love mountains!
My parents came over to help us the day we moved in and then they came again this past Monday to celebrate my Dad's birthday. We were able to celebrate his birthday twice during their visits to Slovenia, so it was fun to share another one here in Oregon!
Abigail wanted my dad to have a "car" cake. I love you Dad, but I wasn't about to make a cake in the shape of a car for your birthday...not this year anyway! : ) So I got out 4 of Eli's little cars and asked the kids which "1" they wanted to put on the cake. I turned around for just a split second and Elijah had landed 2! on top and Abigail was quickly adding a third. Shortly after that, the tractor was added and later yet another car! That night I asked Abigail what her favorite part of the day was and she said, "licking the frosting off of the car"...it took me a second to figure out she meant the toy car! : )
1 comment:
oh my, what a fabulous post. What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday, with family all around!
We saw the pictures of your house, looks absolutely wonderful, with great views!!
Love you guys,
Jeanette and the rest of the Annie Louise gang
Post a Comment