A Family Hike...err...walk...or something like that
Our kids are pretty small to begin taking "hikes" but living in Oregon...how can you not take advantage of all the wonderful hiking trails! Joel has Friday's off from work and with the weather turning spring-ier, we decided to venture out to Multnomah Falls. Since the kids are early risers, we were ready to go and out before 8:00 in the morning! Too bad there wasn't a Starbucks along our route! That would've been perfect!! : ) Next time we might have to just take a detour before hitting the highway!
We took the scenic highway from Stark street and I talked Joel's ears off with stories of memories from growing up around here!! I think he'd actually heard each story at least once, but it was fun for me to just relive them again! This part of Oregon is such a beautiful place, it's nice to be back and enjoy it all over again...this time with a husband and kids in tow!
We stopped at Latourell Falls first since it was along the way. Caleb had fallen asleep in the car, so I waited with him in the car while Joel took Abigail and Elijah down to the falls. It's one of the (if not "the") shortest hikes in the gorge and more like a little bit of a walk, so we figured it would be a good warm up for the kids with a quick payoff since it's not far till you actually see the waterfall. I'm usually the picture taker in our family, so it was nice of Joel to agree to take the camera to get a couple pictures of the kids.Abigail didn't like the mist coming off from the waterfall, so this was as close as she wanted to get! Caleb ended up waking up while they were gone, so I hurried to get us ready so we could try to meet them before they were done! They were about halfway back up, but were enjoying it all, so they didn't mind heading back down with Mom and Caleb.I think Caleb is saying, "Your hand is freezing!!" in this picture. Joel ventured down with Elijah! After that we headed up to Multnomah Falls! Abigail was wanting to be carried by the time we got there as was Elijah despite the fact that we thought he would absolutely LOVE the freedom outdoors. So here's Joel carrying two kids! I ended up carrying Elijah. Eventually I tricked him into running/walking most of the trail up to the bridge and back down, but it was clear that was as far as we were going to get that morning. We'll save the mile long hike to the top for another day....or year! : ) Here's Caleb afterward, enjoying the front row seat in our beloved Swagger Wagon! : )
Amy, Great hiking pictures! I got Sarah and Taylor fanny packs; remember those! I put snacks in them when we go for hikes. As long as they walk they can get into their snacks! They bring their play binoculars and have a blast. Call if you go again. We will meet you there! -Becky Routson 541-296-7020
Oooh, great ideas Becky! It would be really fun to meet up there! I will call you!! We want to do some other "hiking" too...like Punchbowl, isn't that closer to you?
Amy Hope you get this! Oshkosh has girly fanny packs on sale for $3.95 I got Sarah one for hiking because we had to rubberband the adult one we had for her. What a deal. Sarah is already planning the next hiking trip!
4 comments:
Amy,
Great hiking pictures! I got Sarah and Taylor fanny packs; remember those! I put snacks in them when we go for hikes. As long as they walk they can get into their snacks! They bring their play binoculars and have a blast. Call if you go again. We will meet you there! -Becky Routson 541-296-7020
Oooh, great ideas Becky! It would be really fun to meet up there! I will call you!! We want to do some other "hiking" too...like Punchbowl, isn't that closer to you?
That would be fun. It is closer but what ever works best. We love to do that and hit Bonnieville dam to feed Herman the stergeon!
Amy Hope you get this! Oshkosh has girly fanny packs on sale for $3.95 I got Sarah one for hiking because we had to rubberband the adult one we had for her. What a deal. Sarah is already planning the next hiking trip!
Post a Comment