Saturday, May 22, 2010

Half A Year!!

Caleb is half a year old already!

It really is amazing how fast it goes! He is such a fun little guy...so, so smiley and content! I mean, really, all you have to do it look at the guy and he gives you a smile...for free! I remember when Abigail was a baby we used to say, "she makes you work for her smiles". On the flip side...although he is smiley...he isn't quite as enthusiastic as Elijah is and was as a baby. It's so interesting watching their little personalities develop and observing all the similarities and differences between the siblings.

This past month he has begun the whole creeping thing before crawling. He's definitely working his way up to that milestone. Not sure if I'm ready for that or not yet! For sure, I'll need to invest in a baby gate before that happens! : )

His favorite thing to do right now is bouncing and jumping. The exersaucer that we got him last month has a little bouncing action with it and he loves to exercise those legs! So I checked on Craigslist last week and found a "johnny jump up" for $5 and was able to get that for him yesterday. He LOVES it! Oh my! I'm glad it's so stable because I think he's going to be getting a pretty good workout once he gets just a little bit more stable!He has always really reminded me of Abigail looks-wise, but oh so much lately. Maybe it's because we had pictures taken of Abigail when she was 5 1/2 months old by Kimberly Whipps and we still have those pictures in frames around the house. I think there are a lot of similarities though. They just adore each other...Abigail especially adores him!It's been a bit of a rough month for him, healthwise. A little over two weeks ago he was on antibiotics for an ear infection that wasn't quite there yet, but was on it's way. He's had a cold off and on the whole time as well and this past week, it seems like maybe the ear infection is actually there. I need to get him to the doctor soon. In the midst of it all, he's been nursing off and on as well as taking a bottle. Abigail has really enjoyed the chance to hold him while he drinks his bottle. It's like holding a live doll!!

So here is his 6 month picture with his penguin friend. Thought I'd throw in the one of them fighting each other just for fun! There is actually a whole sequence of pictures where the penguin is up or down...I think the same thing happened with Elijah at his 6 month pictures too. Kind-of funny!
I also tried to get a few posed pictures...so the one above and this one were my favorite two...
Just lovin' this little guy!!

2 comments:

mom & dad said...

Caleb is so cute - I'm so ready for some quiet Caleb time! :) Thanks for posting all the pictures. I hope he feels better soon.

Annie Louise said...

How adorable!! What a happy little guy. How nice Abigail is able to help out and keep him entertained, what a great sister.
Love the updates, keep them coming. Much love and kisses, Annie Louise gang