Sunday, September 12, 2010

Castle Park

Otherwise known as the real name, "Imagination Station". The first time we went to this park, I was by myself with the kids and was a bit intimidated by the surplus of escape routes for Elijah. The more we've gone there though, the more the kids have grown comfortable with it...or should I say I have!

After the initial exploration on Elijah's part, he has mainly stuck to the park itself for playing around. There is so much to do! There is a similar park in Summerville, SC that we used to go to when we lived there last fall. I think it's name had the word, "fort" in it and I can see why. It's similar to something like Fort Vancouver or other forts around America. Well, our kids were born in Europe, where the old structures are "castles" so they affectionately call these parks, "castle" parks. Even when we build "forts" in the living room with blankets & couch cushions, they call them "castles" instead of "forts". We think it's cute and kind-of a third-culture-kid kinda thing! : )

Well, our whole family loves "castle park!" It has picnic tables, lots of things to climb on, including big rocks to jump off of, swings, slides and usually lots and lots of kids and families! Sometimes we take a picnic lunch or get McDonalds Happy Meals and eat lunch or dinner at the park, or get some ice-cream to enjoy and then play time! In fact, when Joel was camping with Abigail, leaving me & the boys home alone, Elijah's request was to get McDonalds and go to castle park! It was one of my favorite times with him! There was a little league baseball team practicing, so we watched them while we ate and then ran & played together at the park.
They actually have the little bucket swings for babies, and that's usually where Caleb swings...his first time swinging was here, today though, it was pretty busy with other little ones.  And Abigail learned how to roll over a bar (don't know the official title for that!) at Castle Park...it's a special place for our family!

2 comments:

Jon and Erin said...

look at Abigail's super cute curly hair!!! I love it

Annie Louise said...

Howdy,
What a fun day at the park--sounds like a great way to pass some time. Love the pictures.
I love you all,
Jeanette