I wasn't very good at getting pictures printed when we lived in Slovenia, so I've slowly been working on that since moving back to Oregon. So far, I've gotten 6-8x10 prints, 2-5x7s and about 200 4x6 prints...all free!! Some I've paid shipping for, others I've picked up in the store. Oh! And 1-8x8 photo book...free! Well, I paid 80 cents because it was only supposed to be 20 pages free and I went 21, so paid the 80cents for the extra page and the shipping. It's fun to get photos of our family up on the walls now!
So back to my spurt of recent projects, which began again at the end of August...prompted by the new season, I guess.
So I've had this project in mind since before we left Slovenia. It's three 8x10 photos of the kids. Once I got started in the project though, I hit me that I didn't want to put glue or tape on the photos to get them onto the glass, so I asked my new friend, Christine, who also has some old windows with photos in them at her house. She suggested putting them on the wall and then placing the window over them...it involved a bit too much math for me to get it exactly right...so I eye-balled it and am pleased with how it turned out. The window's match is still in the garage...not sure yet, what to do with that one.
This old set of brown windows have been in our house for years in Slovenia...so it's nice to see them on the walls again. Feels like home. Also sitting on the old books is an old iron from Slovenia...when I opened the back of it, two tiny spiders scrambled out and I wondered...are you two Slovenian spiders?? I killed them right away...didn't want to be guilty of introducing some new sort-of insect or anything! That, and I cannot stand spiders. : )
These are old suitcases from different trash piles in Slovenia. Lined with old, dusty paper, sometimes I just wonder what journeys they've been on and what times of history they've been through, what sorts of things were inside and whose lives they represent. The wicker-covered-jar is an old wine jug from above the garage of our house in Slovenia. It needs to be hosed off really bad...but it just hasn't been "hosing off kind-of weather" lately, so I will the first sunny day that appears...which may be awhile, here in Oregon. Although, it's pouring.down.rain outside right now...maybe I should just do it that way! : )
Alas, another old window...this time with a 12x12 sheet of scrapbooking paper with photos of the kids because...
it's in their "kitchen" area downstairs.
This little cupboard is also from Slovenia. I have absolutely no idea what it was before it became our kids cupboard. (Sorry about the yellow-ish photo!) I added the hooks which I bought quite a few years ago from some little store in Downtown Redmond. I've been saving them for somewhere special and now they've found their spot! The little daisy knob is also something I've had for years...a set of three actually, just didn't know what to do with them. Well, now one is here and one is on the other little cupboard/refrigerator that the kids use for storing all their play food. Joel added some hooks on the top, inside for their tea cups to dangle from. A great space saver! : )
You can see that the area is getting lots of good use these days!! Abigail and Elijah have been using their aprons and having tea parties and playing restaurant and "house" at least twice a day. I even caught Caleb trying to make some tea one morning! : ) Apparently, Elijah preferred coffee. : )
Enjoying a spot of "tea" a.k.a. apple juice & water & zucchini bread which Elijah calls, "kini" bread. Not to be confused with "bikini" bread! : )
And one other one...which was actually one of the first ones is this bulletin board for Abigail. No joking...I have had the fabric & ribbons for this project since she was a baby, so this one was a long time comin'! Another project where I knew what I wanted in my head, but wasn't sure exactly "how" to do it, but what a gift all those "how-to" project websites are! I am not so good with math, so it took me longer than probably the average person, but it was done in less than two hours! It was worth the wait! Oh, and the knob holding it, is a drawer pull I bought at World Market. It took some work, but Joel was able to get it to work in these walls. One of the few times that living in Slovenia with it's almost foot deep concrete walls would've been easier than the sheet rock ones here!!
PS---this post was mostly for my two Aunts, Jeanette & Jackie, who are always doing fun projects! They live in sunny, Orange, California and have lots of great ideas! Check out their blog! Love you Aunties!!
PPS---I have one other project that I just finished tonight compliments of my new friend, Emily, but Joel is away on a men's retreat--hence the craft time & extra blog time--and has the camera. I'll post that one soon. It came out so cute!!
PPS---I have one other project that I just finished tonight compliments of my new friend, Emily, but Joel is away on a men's retreat--hence the craft time & extra blog time--and has the camera. I'll post that one soon. It came out so cute!!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing all your great projects. Love the pictures in the window. The little kitchen area for the kids is wonderful. Love the picture of the kids relaxing at their table with their feet up --what fun! Cute stuff!!
Love you all,
Jeanette
where do you find those wonderful old windows?? I think they are just darling.
Post a Comment