Just for fun, Abigail had a
"wear your favorite dress up to a tea party" yesterday with some of her friends! It involved tea, which was just apple juice mixed with water, "tea pot" shaped sugar cookies that the girls decorated with frosting and sprinkles galore, miniature zucchini & banana breads & a craft where they made fans out of a doily & construction paper-completed with sequins & jewels! It also included an impromptu game of Duck, Duck, Goose! downstairs when the girls were running around the house playing various games and playing with Abigail's Strawberry Shortcake toys...the one thing she said she wanted to do at her party besides drink tea & eat cookies.
I went down to ask Abigail which colors she would like the frostings to be...I mean besides pink...of course! She didn't care, other than pink, which was when her friend, Maggie piped up and said, "purple!!" As I was heading back upstairs to get right on those colors I heard Abigail saying, "Let's play again, and I'll be the "ducker"!!" So cute!
It was a perfect time...just 6 little girls, being girls and their Moms being friends...sitting in the living room drinking coffee & eating cinnamon rolls and gabbing about our sweet girls!
4 comments:
Fun to see Abigail in one of my girls's dress up outfits. We loved that one too! Looks like such a fun girl time! Glad you are getting to do these things!
It is one of your girl's dress-ups! It's still a bit big for her, but she wears it anyway! It was actually the second of dress-ups that she wore for the party...a girl can't have too many, huh?!
What Fun! Abigail reminds me of you Amy around that age--wearing fun clothes, loving jewelry--how cute.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love you all,
Jeanette
That's true Aunt Jeanette! How fun to remind even Amy of her special likings when she was Abby's age! I seem to remember a crown (plastic at that age....)
Post a Comment