Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas morning at home

The next morning, Abigail & Elijah were awake promptly at 7am...they're usual wake-up time. Elijah did his usual "come to our bed and crawl inside for another 15 minutes or so of sleep" before getting his burst of energy for the day. Abigail did her usual potty break before heading into our room and came in saying, "Mama! Someone moved our stockings!!"

We had opened the fireplace the night before and set the stockings on the floor in front of it once we filled them before heading to bed. So we asked her, "Who did that?!" She ran out to check and came back saying, "Santa came last night! Santa came!!" Which gave Elijah his burst of energy and away we all went!!

We don't have our names on our stockings, so as I filled them, I got a few things put in the wrong stockings which made for some funny moments opening the stockings that morning! I put a headband for Abigail and a pack of lip gloss into Caleb's stocking by mistake! He was still sleeping when the four of us opened our stockings and then we all watched him open his, which made it comical to see the headband & lip gloss make it's way from his stocking! : )

Some of my other favorite moments were watching Caleb walking around eating the rest of Santa's cookies, watching Joel help Abigail bake something in her new Easy Bake oven from her Red Grandma, watching Elijah enjoying all his new cars and race track and just taking in every moment. The kids, especially Elijah was excited about each gift, so as we took turns opening gifts, he would ask to have it opened, opened! So even though we began opening presents around 7:30, we didn't actually finish until around 9:30 and there weren't that many! It was just so fun to open and experience them all as we went along!

Later in the day, we tried to get a family picture in front of the tree, using a tri-pod and timer! It was pretty comical! It worked though and we got more than I actually was hoping for, just not all are going in frames if you know what I mean! : )


These are my favorite two:
Then I tried pressing my luck and get one of all three kiddos smiling nicely in front of the tree. Yeah right! You can see what happened with that!



But Abigail surprised me after all that drama, asking me to take her picture in front of the tree! I happily & gratefully obliged! : )
 

3 comments:

Annie Louise said...

Oh my goodness, wonderful posts. Looks like you all had a great Christmas. I bet Santa appreciated the cookies and milk :)
Abigail looks like a real trooper try to help with Caleb having their pictures taken in front of the tree. Elijah looks oblivious to the commotions around him, and has an adorable smile ready for his picture. We had a mix up at our house too, Wyatt gave me a beautiful but small nightgown that was for Grandmere and he gave Grandmere my panties, we all laughed and Mom and I exchanged them. Always love your posts, and I am having fun changing my screen saver with all the wonderful pictures. Love to you all and big kisses to the kids,
Aunt Jeanette

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Looks like they all had such a good time, wish we could have been there. I know, we had our time at the beach, but it would be nice to be there all the time!! I love Abigail's littl pose in the first picture! Such a sweet ballarina!

Anonymous said...

Who said Eli has alot of energy? He is sitting so still while Caleb collapses - pretty funny! Love the pics though! Mom W.