I saw this idea in a magazine a lonnnnggg time ago and am just getting around to accomplishing it! I saved all the cards we received when Abigail was born in a zip-loc bag and it's been traveling around with us everywhere we've gone. Then around 2 years old, she found them and would just look and look at them and then began receiving birthday cards as well. There are a couple birthday cards that she has that are completely tattered because she loves them so much!
Well, I finally got around to buying the binder clips to use for this idea. I actually saw some at the office store about a year ago but passed on buying them because it was like a pack of 100 silver ones and I only needed a few. Then, last week, I was at Office Depot and found this cute pack of multi-color ones, one set with "boyish colors" and another set with "girlish colors" in various sizes! And only 8 all together for a buck!
So last night while waiting for the kids to finally fall asleep I sat and punched hole after hole after hole and voila!
Elijah really does have more cards than just these two...it's not so sad! : ) I just have to find them!
These are all (or most of) the cards we received when Abigail was born! Yeah, A LOT...what a special gift she was & is!! Most of these cards are from people we now go to church with, so that's special too!
And these are her birthday cards. Now the cards are contained and still able to be looked at over and over and over again!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Will totally do it. Today. Ok, not today, my to-do list is too full already, but this is just brilliant. Morgan loves looking at her cards, but then they just get lost, etc. I even have binder clips cause I use them for our school stuff sometimes. Thanks for sharing!!
What a great idea! I love saving cards. I've saved every card or note I've gotten since first grade and they're in two shoe boxes in my closet. It's so much fun to go back every once in a while and read them!
Just you wait! Elijah's card is coming! I totally forgot before you left. Pretty soon he will have a whole bunch of them! He is just too cute to not have cards! What a fun way to keep cards as a memento of each year. Abby, of course, will just love having them for years to come.
Post a Comment