Born: June 3rd, 2011, 2:43pm
Weight: 8 lbs, 0 oz.
Length: 21 1/4 inches
I was having cramping and a lot of light contractions for the past two weeks and was hoping to have labor begin naturally this time, but in the end, she was just like her siblings and completely cozy inside and not ready to come out by her due date. Our Doctor was willing to wait one extra week past her due date, but Joel and I thought it best just to set an induction date on her due date. I'm so glad we did too, because there was light meconium in the water that could've been more serious had we waited the extra week.It was my second time to have an epidural and I'm so glad I did! It's an amazing thing! Joel really appreciates it too! : ) This picture was taken about 20 minutes before Hannah was born. You can't even tell I'm in labor! : )
My parents had just returned from a quick trip to California to pick up my Grandma (Dad's mom) who will be visiting for the summer. We're all so glad that I didn't go into labor while they were gone since it was their first time to be with us for a birth. Having both my Mom and my Grandma there for Hannah's birth was so special for me! My Dad was at home, watching the kids for us. He said the first thing Elijah said when he woke up was, "Is Hannah Grace born?!"
Abigail and Elijah have been so excited to meet their new sister for quite awhile now. Caleb wasn't quite sure what to think of Mommy being in a hospital gown and bed and having an IV in my arm. He's only 18 months himself and has enjoyed his role as the "baby" in our family quite well the past 6 months or so. Even though we've been telling him a "baby sister is coming" and pointing at my belly, explaining that a baby was in there, it fell on deaf ears, understandably! : ) He would just point at his own belly and say, "baby!" By Sunday, he was warmed up to the new sister, happily calling her "baby!" By Monday, he was asking to have his turn at holding her and just cries when we eventually have to pick her up from his lap. It's amazing how big the other "little" ones become once a newborn joins the family. It's like it resets the "little" meter reader. : )
This is at home on Sunday...enjoying his sweet sister! : )
4 comments:
Congratulations! She's beautiful! All these babies...my sister had Eden, you had Hannah, Brandy had Titus today and Megan is in the hospital right now! Wow. You guys look great as a family of 6:)
By the way, did you know that Bryan's grandparents live like 4 houses down from you? I keep meaning to email you. They are in the yellow house, I literally think it's 4 houses. They're great!
Oh my gosh, love all the pictures and sweet story/post too!! Those epidurals are amazing you look so happy and Joel looks really, really, happy :) Congratulations!!! Keep the pictures coming, I am sure you and Joel have oodles of free time : ) Hannah Grace is a beautiful addition to your wonderful family. Congratulations.
Jeanette
yeah congrats! So glad you both are healthy & happy! Love that your mom and gma got to be there.Precious!
Those are great pictures. I was so much fun being there this time.It's eighty degrees over here, can't wait to get everyone back over here to go to the pool.
Love Dad
Post a Comment