Tuesday, August 9, 2011

4th of July

Hold on folks, I'm going to try to get a bunch of posts done at one time! The kids are all napping or resting right now, so here I go...

My best friend, Gina bought the kids all matching 4th of July t-shirts, so I was trying to get a sweet picture of them all in them. Joel and his brother, Jon, were on the roof though and the kids kept watching them instead of smiling at the camera. That and they were actually saying, "Happy Birthday America!!" instead of just smiling. Oh well!  : )

Sweet sisters...


For the 4th, we went to our friend's house again for their annual 4th of July bash with all the young families from church. They had just moved into a new house and were brave enough to invite us all in and to take over their neighborhood street! ; )

We had good ol' American hamburgers and hot dogs, chips and pie and popsicles for the the kiddos. The kids remembered it from last year and were excited for it again this year. Abby even said, "Mom, I won't be afraid of the loud ones this year, so we don't have to go home early." Sweet girl. She was referring to the ones put on by the city of Sandy that we didn't stick around for last year. And this year, our friends are living in Troutdale, so there were no loud ones to watch. We enjoyed the ones for the group of us and then every family headed to their cars to get home for semi-normal bedtimes. : ) 







 I think Joel was exaggerating his response to the firework for the kids, but it was fun to catch a picture of it anyway! : )
Thanks Wilsons!! We're looking forward to next year!

No comments: