Monday, September 10, 2012

At the beach!

We celebrated Caleb's 2nd birthday at Depoe Bay, Oregon with Yellow Grandma and Grandpa, the week before Thanksgiving. It was cold and windy and a beautiful time to be on the Oregon coast! I love going to the coast in the winter, the waves are so big, there's lots of white surf to watch, sea lions and occasionally whales swimming around. We don't spend a whole lot of time outdoors, have never made a sand castle or swam in the ocean, but there is just something cozy about being inside with a fire lit, playing games, watching movies and listening to that beautiful Pacific ocean! Joel and the two older kids did venture out to make use of the hot tub and outdoor! swimming pool every day, usually twice a day!

My camera charger went missing while we were there for the week so I was using my phone to take pictures. It was very disappointing. :) I love to take pictures and using my phone is just NOT the same! I'm grateful to have it, but I really needed the real thing! There was just an ounce of camera battery left when it came time to take pictures of Caleb blowing out his birthday candles though and I was so very grateful! I just went to find the pictures from my phone and cannot locate them on our computer...thankfully, though I found these few from the real camera! Whew!!
Since we were at the ocean, his cupcakes were swimming sharks!
I love his expression in this picture as he's looking at the candles.
 Mesmerized by the smoke...

 I do not remember what he was saying...but he was expressive! :)

 Since this is the only other picture I have from our week there, I thought I would post it! :) Sad, sad...
Happy 2nd Birthday Cabub!! 
We all wuv u vewy much!! 

1 comment:

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

It is so cute to look back now. He is so much more grown up looking now! What a cutie! What a fun little guy!