Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I went to bed last night (at 9:30!) with banana-chip muffins already baked for the morning and the coffee pot set just in case the kiddos decided to bring me breakfast in bed. I wanted to make it easy for them! ;)  Turned out that after an amazing night of good sleep that I awoke at 6:40, decided to lay in bed until I heard all the pitter-patters of little feet and it wasn't until 7:15 that Elijah first made his appearance. He quietly made his way out to the family room and turned on the TV. After a few minutes I decided to get up with him, hit the "brew" button for the coffee, grabbed a couple muffins for each of us and cuddled on the couch with our muffins and some Doc McStuffins...just the two of us! The rest of the kiddos didn't arise until almost 8:00! It was a pretty quiet morning...I could've actually slept in on Mother's Day! ;) Ha!  It was sweet to have the quiet time with just Elijah though. :)

Thursday at Elijah's preschool was "Muffins with Mom" day! It was short and sweet! Caleb & Hannah have made friends with Shelley, the school "Principal" and she has toys in her office, so the two of them played in there while I got some muffins with Elijah. They had painted little flower pots, with finger-print lady bugs and it had mini candy bar flowers in it! What a treat! ;) There was a cute little Mom's day poem attached to it too. 
Abby came home from school on Thursday with a giant Mother's Day card as well! Attached to it was a key chain with a photo of her and a quote on the other side that reads, "I love my Mommy. She is the best. I like how she bakes. She makes the best cookies." Aww...I love it!! The giant card is in her room at the moment (and it's past bedtime) but it says something about how she likes how I cook. Those are sweet things that speak to my heart. I just love it! 

After church we grilled some chicken for lunch and after awhile headed out to Frenzi's in downtown Gresham for some frozen yogurt. I've only been there twice and it was a first for Joel and the kids. I thought the kids would like it though. You grab a bowl, do as much soft serve as you want and then top it yourself with as much/many toppings as you like! The kids went wild with the gummy worms and candy, which is exactly what I thought they'd do! ;) It was a sweet treat!

After that, we walked down Main Street to the Thai Bistro. All of the restaurants/stores/businesses have portraits of Mom's drawn by their kids from all the local schools. Abby's class was at the Thai Bistro so we took a few photos with it. (It's the one with the red and green diamonds on the bottom.) 



Elijah wanted to take our family picture, sitting on one of the benches...this is the best we got! ;) Ha!

What a blessed woman I am...the Lord is oh-so-good!!!

No comments: