Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Backseat Conversations

Some things the kids say are just so cute, I want to record them so I don't forget.

On the way home from dropping Abby off at school this morning, Elijah pipes up from the backseat saying, "Mom, when I'm a Daddy someday-for money-I'm not going to be a Pastor like Dad, I'm going to sing songs to God and people are going to listen!" "Oh!" I replied, "how are you going to do that? At church or on the radio like a Christian Rock Star?!" "No, I'm going sing on a stage and people are going to listen while they eat dinner...and there will be roller skating." was his answer. "And scooters?!" Caleb asked as we pulled into the garage, spying the scooters. "No, just roller skates" said Elijah. And then we were home and the conversation was over.

Last's week amusing conversation went like this:
Caleb said, "If you eat in the car, you'll go to jailed" as we passed a cop car while running errands. "No, you won't, Caleb. Elijah explained. "You'll go to jailed if Mom is driving down a steep hill and you're not wearing your seat belt and Mom, if she was a teenager and she was driving and didn't have a license plate and the cop pulled her over, his first question is, 'where is your license plate?' and if Mom didn't have one, the police man would stick her in jailed" Just for fun, I asked, "do kids go to jail?" A resounding, "No!!" was the answer from the boys, Hannah said, "no, we're not going to jailed, we're going to the store!!" Which was quite true! We were pulling into the parking lot of the bread store that very moment thus ending the conversation about being "jailed". 

It's amazing to me to think that these little people who still need help with their shoes & coats, brushing their hair and teeth will one day be adults and living on their own. They will be adults with occupations someday...I wonder if Elijah might end up singing on a worship team, or maybe BE a singer that sings to God and people listen to. Hopefully, Caleb won't end up in "jailed"...and he will learn to put his own shoes on. ;) One day (hopefully a LONG time from now) our home will be empty and there won't be funny little conversations to listen to, so I want to hold on to these sometimes crazy, hectic and usually funny (if I have the eyes and ears to see and hear it!) moments!

"Lord, as these children grow into who You've created them to be, I pray that they would live lives that honor and glorify You, whether that be by singing worship songs to you from a stage, or while driving a mini-van full of kids or building sky-scrapers or being a bookkeeper. However you choose to use them in life, I pray that they would be play-doh in your hands, to surrender their wills to Yours to be who You made them to be and that You would be delighted and glorified!"

No comments: