Yesterday we spent Labor Day with friends at Wildwood in Welches. It's our 5th year going there and it's been a fun tradition to have a family picture on this rock each year. I'm sure some year there will be an enormous storm in the winter that will move our "family rock" but until then, it's fun to capture our growing family at the start of each Fall. Hannah wasn't feeling well and spent most of her day cuddled in one of our arms.
After coming home, the kids cleaned their rooms and got their Back to School gear ready; outfits picked out, backpacks prepared, lunches made. It was a whirlwind of a process! My goal is to have the kids make their own lunches this year, the day before and have them in the fridge to just be pulled out and put in the backpacks instead of the crazy rush of making them in the morning. We'll see how it goes! ;)
Last night as I was preparing our breakfast table for our first day I was thinking about the kids going to school today and how Elijah is my fearless, energetic and brave leader and also remembered how he sometimes just leans in to me in tears in new situations and I'm struck with this tender and sensitive side of him. The Lord reminded me of Joshua chapter 1 where God is preparing them to go into THE Promised Land and tells them 3 times, "be strong and courageous". I read that for my devotions this morning and again with the kids when they woke up. I wrote out verse 9 for Elijah to have in his pocket for any moment he might feel a little nervous.
"Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged,
for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
He took it out and said, "I don't need it Mom." Um, ok! And sure enough, he was excited and ready for his first day of first grade! I could tell he was a bit nervous, but there were no tears!
After getting him to his classroom, we headed down the hall to Abby's class. Her teacher, Mrs. Minni is new to Kelly Creek so we were looking forward to meeting her.
They're both excited and ready for a new school year! Love these kiddos!!
1st Grader
3rd Grader
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment