Sunday, February 1, 2015

Family Fun Day

Sunny days during winter in Oregon are rare! Friday, the 16th of January was absolutely beautiful, so we got the kids a bit early from school and went to the zoo for a late afternoon visit. We felt like we had the place to ourselves!


Sometime I should do a side-by-side comparison picture of all the photos we've taken on the kids on this lion through the years.
After the Zoo, we headed to a hole-in-the-wall pizza place that Joel and went to when we were dating. It was called Pizza Oasis back then, I think it's something called NY Pizza now. Either way, it's good stuff!
That's a big slice-a-pizza for such a tiny girl! ;)
Elijah had a surprise when he got home! My parents had sent a couple birthday presents for him for his birthday and they were waiting for his arrival! Red Grandma & Grandpa gave him The Lego Movie for his birthday, so we came home and built legos and watched the movie. So fun!
This happened a different day, but wanted to post it anyway. These two... they're just so cute together! They're such good friends! Caleb was taking a picture with a toy camera of Hannah and her baby. They're just so cute!
This was a special date I had with Elijah. We'd had a rough morning at home, getting him ready for school, leaving him in tears as he walked into school. Ugh. Mothering is so difficult sometimes...training, training and more training and sometimes I miss what's going on with his heart and focus too much on his behavior. I left him at school and went home so humbled that I had been so hard on him and then sent him off into the world to tackle a day. I'm so thankful for forgiveness and love, fresh starts and the $1 Menu at McDonalds for some quality time with my little Man. ;)

No comments: