Isaiah 40:12
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?
I kept thinking of that verse as I walked on the beach one early morning last week. I would just stop and look at the ocean, listening to the awesome sound of the crashing waves and feel the ocean breeze. It's the one place and time in this world where I feel closest to God.
As I looked at the vastness of the ocean and thought of how large it looked to me, I also thought about how small it appears to God. He holds it all in the hollow of his hand. I cried as I talked to him about all that has been happening with Hannah and He comforted me as He told me that He's holding her in His hands too. Our God is so, so, SO good! I felt so loved by Him, so cared for. Not that he cared about me...but that he is holding my little girl...our little Hannah in his hands. He sees her and not only that, he's gently holding her and cares about all that is happening with her.
When I looked up that verse tonight I realized the one just before it is one that God has brought to me so many other times about Mothering and am just drawn to him again...our God is just so tender and loving. It says,
He tends his flock like a shepherd:
he gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.
Oh how I love that verse. That promise. He gently leads me as I lead my children. He is so gentle, tender and loving...so trustworthy.
Tomorrow, Hannah is having a corrective surgery done to prevent some urinary reflux she's having. It's what's causing her to have kidney infections. We have confidence in her urologist and know this is the best thing for her. Still, it's hard. She's going to be put to sleep and have a surgery done. Oh sweet girl. But you know what? God is the God who sees and is holding her. It is HE who we have our full confidence in. It is HE who we are trusting to see our Hannah and what needs to be corrected in her body. He is just so good and tender and loving.
The end of the chapter is just so great!
“To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
I'm going to hope in the Lord this week!
.jpg)
4 comments:
What a beautiful and touching reminder Amy! Praying for sweet little Hannah and your whole family today.
Love how you are leaning into God, Amy. Thanks for sharing your heart. I'm praying, too.
Thank you dear friends!
Keeping Hannah and all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. Love to you all,
The California Clan
Post a Comment