Christy was driving Stephen to school when we arrived, so we were able to walk in with our little Kindergartners. It was a huge help to Caleb! He sat in his line with Stephen while he waited for his teacher to come get his class. I was glad I was there that first "real day" of school to explain how it all works in the morning. Elijah sits a few rows over in his 2nd grade class--after he eats his "second" breakfast of the day at school, that is. ;) They serve breakfast and lunch for free at the kids' school and Elijah enjoys it!
His face looked just a little nervous as he left with his class. No tears though! ;)
This was Caleb when I picked him up after school. He was happy and said, "I only cried once Mom!"
It's been like that off and on all week. Some days were harder than others and he came home saying, "I cried a lot today Mom." but by the end of the week, he was feeling a little more settled...still a few tears here and there, but doing alright.
One of the days, Elijah dropped him off in his line in the morning as Caleb was crying then he went to his own line and cried because he felt so bad for Caleb. He was a little bit embarrassed as he told me the story after school, but I told him how proud I was to hear that. "That's called compassion and empathy", I told him. Sometimes it's hard to let go and allow our children go into situations that make them feel uncomfortable, sad, or lonely but it's the same thing our Heavenly Father does for us. It causes growth and gives opportunity for developing those emotional muscles that we wouldn't have opportunity for otherwise. I'm not gonna lie though, it's hard on a Mama's heart! ;) But by the end of the week, I was doing alright too. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment