The weekend after Thanksgiving, we pull out the Christmas boxes and begin decorating the house for the holidays. My favorite box is the one with the Christmas books. December 6th is St. Nicholas Day and we celebrate by giving the kids a
new Christmas book, some oranges and chocolate. It's a favorite
tradition for me. I love seeing the special books each year and reading them with the kids. I love that they come out at Christmas time and then get put back away again until next year...hoping to keep them special that way.
Some are board books, some are just picture books, and now some are chapter books. A little bit of everything is tucked in there and I like them all!
When they wake up early, they can turn on the lights, get a Christmas book and blanket and read by the tree. I just love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment