Saturday, October 21, 2006

Surprise!!


Last Sunday I (successfully!!) threw a surprise birthday party for Joel! It was so fun! I was almost positive that he knew about it and was being respectful to me in acting like he didn't. But when he opened the door to Trdna Skala and it was filled with all our friends yelling "Surprise!" he actually was! It was perfect too, the way it worked out....I had invited our neighbors to join us all and had asked everyone to be there by 11:45 so Joel could be there at noon. Well, our church service got out a little early and they were arriving a bit late. So as Joel walked out the door from church our neighbors were making their way toward Trdna Skala. Joel, surprised to see them, asked if they had a minute so he could show them where he works! They were nervous and hoping they didn't ruin the surprise, but actually it was so perfect!

The Patty, Jackson, McSheffrey, Ricklick and Hunnicutt families were all there as well as the rest of our staff, David & Katarina, Johnny, Anna & Christina, Sebastian and Glorija...it was such a fun group of people and fun to watch Joel be surprised and honored by everyone. They all came with encouraging notes for Joel saying things that they appreciate about him, a perfect gift for anyone!

4 comments:

Barry Arnold said...

Happy Birthday, Joel. You are looking a lot older in the pictures. Love the pics of Abigail.

Barry

Anonymous said...

Vse najbolj'e za rojstni dan, Joel!

Anonymous said...

Vse najbolj'e za rojstni dan, Joel!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joel, I would have written in my note just how much I love and adore and appreciate you. Also how excited I am to see you and Amy and to meet Abigail who I have a crush on already this winter. Love to you all